Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Paper Wedding Dress

Though I based this blog off of my obsession with furniture, home decor, and flea markets I named it You of Design for a reason, being that I love all things design.  According to my major at University of Wisconsin, I love textile and apparel design as well.  

So, in regards to all things design, I want to show you some of my work outside of DIYs and furniture remodeling.  As apart of TASA (Textile and Apparel Student Association) we were contacted by the 2011 Bridal show to make four wedding dresses made of paper.  At the show, guests would vote on the dress of their choice, making one the winner.

I took part in the competition, being on a team with four other design students.  The designer of our dress was the fantabulous and talented Yer Lee, a fellow student who ended up being the designer and team leader of two different teams because she is that talented.  

Anyways...we got to attend the bridal show (and pretend we were engaged for one night) which was so cool!  But the best part was...

duh duh duh

Our dress WON!  It was extremely exciting and rewarding all at the same time.  But I have to show you pictures because that just makes it all the better.  I didn't take these photos, which you will probably notice by their high quality profesh-ness.



Here is the lovely!



This first dress was seriously amazing!  In fact they all were so awesome


 My hardworking group



The group and the TASA exectutives



No comments:

Post a Comment