Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Playing House: Bathroom




I can’t even begin to describe the deep desire I have to own my own house, only so that I can decorate it.  I have big dreams of buying a great fixer-upper, remodeling the rooms, and decorating them however I please.

Because of this reason, I came up with a most LOVELY idea.  I can play house.  Mostly by way of my Pinterest board and Illustrator.  After starting to do some research on my house, I decided I would start with the bathroom.  Come, take a step inside and let me tell you about it.



First off, you should know that the door is actually a sliding barn door that has been stained a deep brown.  With hardware exposed, it easily slides to the left or right, just like the door in the picture below.




The tile is a sophisticated hexagon tile in a matte white, with a decorative border tracing the parameter of the bathroom in a matte black.  I chose charcoal grey for my grout. The tile will look similar to this picture below, but I bought it here.



The walls around the (clawfoot) bathtub are covered in a white subway tile paired again with grey grout.  The rest of the walls are white, with detailed crown molding near the ceiling and floor.  Speaking of the tub, isn’t it great?  Got it off of Craigslist.  Here is where I got the beautiful shower curtain that is hung from the ceiling.

I hope you like how I layered some sweet striped rugs on the floor, I just love how they seamlessly manage to bring the room together.  Love that striped rug from urban outfitters! Got them from here, here, and here.

And the sink? Oh yeah, I bought that rustic table at a flea market and then installed modern bowl sink above.  And don’t forget that great industrial pendant lamp that I got over here.   I also garbage picked the wood for those shelves (not real garbage silly) I affixed them to some white L-bars from Home Depot, so easy.

Lastly I hope you appreciate some of the art I put up in the room, it really does make the space seem less like a bathroom and more like a room that I just like to be in.  I got the prints here.  I like to slowly curate my art, pulling in items that have importance to me.  That is why I taped up some old birthday cards and family photos using washi tape.  I put up that old ornate frame to add some glam to the space.  Just like in the photo below.


Here's some of the art that hangs:


Find it Here

Love this one! Find it Here.

Find this one here.


Last but not least here is the lighting that I would like to hang from the ceiling.


Hope you enjoyed the tour!  And thanks for visiting!

Credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment