Monday, February 11, 2013

DIY Style II


Quite some time ago I purchased several old t-shirts from goodwill.  At the time I wanted to use them as fabric for some projects, but over my last few day s of break I got an even better idea. 

I had spent some time in Urban Outfitters and saw a sweet looking tee that had a crocheted cross on it.  It was out of my price range (which was like nothing other than free and the time) so I went home with idea to recreate it.

I always find it funny how ideas evolve over time.  I always marvel at how my projects turn out compared to how I imagine them, sometimes I’m thankful for the transformation, and sometimes not so much.  In this case, I was thankful, although I would still like to take a stab at that crocheted looking cross.

Upon arrival at Michaels I journeyed to the embroidery floss section.  Little did I know I would not even end up using that string of 37 cents.  I then ventured to the iron-on section and came across some stars that I fell in love with. 

Boom.  Then my whole idea changed.  I ended up using some screen printing ink that I had bought earlier in the year to paint on the arms of the cross.

This shirt was so easy to make, I would definitely recommend trying it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment