Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lunch Box Design


I couldn’t be happier that I am able to show you these pictures!  A couple days ago a past classmate stopped me on street to say hi, and as we started talking he informed me that he had found this project in the garbage near our old studio!  I had been looking for this project that I completed in my 3D art class, for no one had emailed me to pick it up after it made an appearance in our undergraduate foundation art show.  I was thrilled that he had found it and given it a safe haven in a nearby locker.  I retrieved it on Friday and brought it home for some cleaning and photographing, now whatever may happen to it, I will at least have a virtual copy!

This lunch box was a solution to my problem of not having any eating utensils or dinnerware when eating my packed lunches on the go.  I didn't want to sacrifice design and aesthetic for innovation, and I also wanted there to be a sense of integrity in the products I used to make it.   That is why I only used wood and leather, two of the oldest found materials.

I was able to post it on my Behance profile too, and now I am so proud that I have not one but two projects to share! 







No comments:

Post a Comment