Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gold Foil Personal Stationery


For a long time I was very mystified by foiled paper products.  I found them to be so beautiful but had no idea how to create them.  I found multiple Pinterest tutorials on how to 'DIY foil' but it only involved glue and foil, or worse--paint.

Sometime later, pretty recently actually, I found out that a machine does the work.  Basically it's like a giant heated stamp that pounds down on some special heat-transfer foil to make that oh-so gorgeous impression. That always bums me out because it means that I can't do whatever project I desire because my DIY toolkit does not include 'heavy-expensive-machinery'

Yeah. Whatever.

Anyways, so that is why I was beyond thrilled when my letterpress professor mentioned in an email that he was trying to work out the kinks in a donated foil machine that had been sitting around in the studio for two years.  

So here is the fruit of my labor: beautiful personal stationery--mine until I get married (didn't realize that one until I had already printed them) so just one more reason to hold off on a husband...or boyfriend for that matter...

Anyways, please enjoy.  I also hope to be creating some business cards soon as well.




1 comment:

  1. What I've always loved about gold foil stationery is how neat and sophisticated they look. Yours give off the same feel and I am jealous! Haha! Anyway, it looks like you worked out all the kinks of that machine because these look awesome! -Fidelia @ Momentum Graphics

    ReplyDelete