Friday, December 23, 2011

All the Fix-ins

It's getting so close to Christmas, and if you haven't decorated your mantle (if you have one) by now, well, shame on you! On the other hand, you can use this tutorial to add some flare.


First order of business: that garland.  I just picked some Martha Stewart yarn, ribbon, cardboard ornaments, paint, glass ornaments, and tinsel.  The basic idea could be conformed to any house aesthetic.  The tinsel was put in the glass ornaments and the cardboard ornaments were painted to match a vintage blue.

I tied both, along with varying pieces of ribbon to the long piece of yarn.  At Michael's, I also found a pre-made garland with little furry balls on it.  That's what is probably catching your eye when you look at the garland in the picture.  I apologize.

I already talked about the topiaries, so onto the fake trees.  They're just some cardboard cones painted and glittered a bit.  All supplies can be bought at most craft stores.

And the holy family? Well, their store bought.  But the glass protection around them is from TJMaxx or JoAnn's, I'm not really sure.  I spray painted some candlesticks and painted the bottom of a vintage pie-tin as well.  Then I epoxied them together.  Now baby Jesus has a glass force field around him.  Talk about protection.

And that PEACE sign you see? Michael's my friends.


Now let me share the rest of the room with you!



I think my favorite thing is this tray set up.  The fake greens are from Michael's and the vase and deer are of TJMaxx.  We already owned the planter, but the plant came from a local flower and garden store.  The sticks are from our side-yard--you can't tell the best in the photo, but they are GLITTERED!  The tray was also originally there.





























The room is complete!  This post sort of morphed into a tutorial about our living room.  Now I am going to change the title from "All the mantle fix-ins" to just "All the Fix-Ins.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment