Monday, December 19, 2011

Perfectly Pink Dessert Table

Well, the holiday-graduation-birthday party was a success!!  I wore my stunningly fancy dress from goodwill and too tall shoes from target.  Still adorable though.  

Everyone loved the house and the decor.  They also loved the cake pops and brownie pops I made--which, may I add, were extremely easy to make if you know how.  I'm thinking a recipe is in order perhaps.  But the true beauty of the party was the dessert table.  It was my job to make sure it looked stunning, as I believe every dessert table should.  Lucky for you I took pictures.







Most everything was bought at TJMaxx.  The three-tiered stand, vases, candelstick, blue ornaments and bottle brush trees were all bought there.  The blue cake's stand and the white platters were bought at target.  The other cake stands were made using plastic plates from Hobby Lobby and candlesticks bought at goodwill.  Just crazy glue 'em on.  Although, I usually prefer to use epoxy glue.

I decorated the table using sequins that can be bought at any craft store and printed out food label tent cards using word document.  I downloaded "Roman Antiques" from Dafont.com for free and used that.

The cakes ended up being gorgeous!!! They were pretty reasonable in price too.  We purchased them at a local downtown bakery.  If you live in the Southeastern Wisconsin area you must check out the Sweet Spot in Whitewater, WI.  Not only were they too beautiful to cut, but they were also delicious.  So delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment