Sunday, January 22, 2012

New York and Such

Sadly, second semester starts tomorrow along with a continueum of work, stress and more work.  As I reminisce over my break I realize I didn't complete several projects, Christmas long gone, and I am conflicted as to whether I am ready to begin the mayhem yet again.  While I blogged over my break I failed to catalouge my recent trip to New York City.


It was a school related trip and we visited the offices of MR Magazine, Kohl's, Macys, Li & Fung, as well as many other great places.

While we attended many great well known establishments one of my favorites is still Café Reggio, located in Greenidge Village.  My friends and I stopped at this cafe recommended by an NYU student and were completely in love! I must note that the ambience was historic, worn, and dark, not necessarily a first pick yet perfectly styled.  I looked like quite the tourist but couldn’t help taking pictures.  I apologize for the darkness.





I also got the chance to see the Nate show.  Nate Berkus is one of my favorite people.  If you are into design watch his show.  I can’t describe the excitement I felt when waiting for the show to start.  I actually was sitting in the audience!  It seemed so surreal.




I, of course, had to visit Mood fabrics, along with M & J Trimming and Tinsel Trading Co.  I found the most beloved fabric at Mood and ribbon to match at M & J Trimming.

While New York is expensive it was well worth it.  I see why people love it and can’t wait to discover more of the city when I attend FIT there.

No comments:

Post a Comment