Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh Baby!



Purchase this frame here.



While this post is not intended directly for people with babies, that may be how it seems.  By now you should know my love of ornate vintage frames.  I can't help myself.  Following the visit to a local antique store, I brought home a lovely oval frame.  I added it to my collection, realizing I had a pair of frames that were very similar.  At first I wanted to use them together, but then I changed my mind.  What else is new.

The first one I finished to my liking.  Then I attacked the second frame.  I love the color mint green.  I really do.  Unfortunately, I believe it does well in soft, dreamy rooms, a description that best emulates a baby's room.  Long story short, I took the frame and painted it using Martha Stewart's home paint in Sea Glass.

**STOP THE SHOW RIGHT NOW**

I mixed one or two tablespoons of unsanded tile grout to the paint.  This makes the paint act more like chalkboard paint.  No need to by Annie Sloan's Chalkpaint!!!! I got the grout and paint at home depot for no more than $15...and the best part is I will be able to reuse the paint and I still have a lot of grout left for other paints.  (This was actually my third time using it)  Anyways, the paint dried fast and went on so well.  I loved it.

I used a 8x10 painting canvas and covered it using an old seed bag.  Then, I glittered up a mini clothes pin and fastened it to the board.  


I found an old ultrasound picture of my little sister and thought it made the perfect addition to this frame.  It won't stay like this, for I am selling it on my etsy store!  While the frame would work in any room, I can't help but envision it hanging on the wall over some little girl's bed or next to a sweet rocking chair.





No comments:

Post a Comment