Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Flea Market Finds Sept. 2011

Ok folks, I know I promised some pictures for the slipper chair but my weekend home ended up more crazy than I expected.  As I've mentioned before, my parents moved; however, they have not sold their house yet (anyone moving to Wiconsin email me!) and this weekend I had to remove all of my stuff from the basement and decide what to throw away, sell, or keep.  Most of this stuff came from my old sewing room so you can guess that most was saved : /  I'm such a pack rat...  Anyways that took up most of my Saturday and the only project that I did get done was the Magnetic Chalkboard.

However, don't lose hope!  The main reason I went home this weekend was to attend the last local flea market of the season.  My mom and I went together and found some great things!!! Her checkbook had a lot more money in it than mine....but I still got some good stuff.

 My mom's car was definitely full!


 Here is a nice antique side table my mom got for $53


 The sooooo awesome coffee table that cost way too much but is just too awesome.  I had to talk my mom into getting this one...she was on the fence about another one that, frankly, just wasn't this cool




 Ahhhhh!!  I feel like angels are singing as I type this.  Back story: my mom really wants a french chair (like this one) but upholstered in cowhide.  She has found some, but they are super expensive (like $4000) ouch.  But we found this frame and the seller told us $10! Dang. Hot stuff.

So we know a kick-butt upholsterer (or so he says) and were gonna amuse him with the idea of upholstering it in cowhide--like the rug in the Old Hutch post.  Hopefully he accepts the challenge.



 Awesome barnwood I bought, can't wait to come up something.  Ideas?


 Chandelier my mom wanted for the dining room...



 Awesome mirror ($35) for the entryway




 Cool frame that my mom has already employed to accent an ugly fountain in the entryway.





 Yay!!! Frames I bought!  You know I love my frames :)




Adorable, and whimsical curtains that I am not sure what I will do with yet...


And there ya have it!  A totally awesome mother-daughter bonding experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment