Monday, October 3, 2011

Entryway Makeover!

Is it sad that I have to post about my mom's house makeovers because I have yet to be an official homeowner?  Maybe so.  But for what I lack in dollars, my mom (probably) lacks in tech savvy.  And time.  So I am unofficially making her apart of my blog.  She is probably reading this right now with a smile on her face :) haha.  I can only say that I get my love of design from my mother, and although she hasn't pursued it occupationally, she has owned a home with my father since she was 19! Giving her plenty of  time to decorate her home as she pleased--which I'm sure she would agree was more how her budget pleased, since she had four (much loved) mouths to feed.

But now--duh duh duh--as I've mentioned before, my parents bought a new house!  So my mom and I have found ourselves in constant design conversation--much to the dismay of my older sister.  I have to hand it to my mom, she has totally taken her design aesthetic to a whole new level: she has moved from Rowe Pottery to Rugs in cow hide!  So yet again I am proud to showcase my mom's super awesome I-am-so-proud-of-her transformation!

Here is the front entryway; front door to the right.  The fountain in the center of the photo came with the house.  My mom liked its ambiance but not so much its "look".  It is very modern and doesn't really go with the whole aesthetic of the house.  So, she innovatively came up with a solution that I would have never even thought of!








TA-DA!!!

Now for the details: Remember the white frame from the Flea Market Post?  Yea that's right.  My mom glazed it in the color gold, which I am guessing she got at Hobby Lobby.  She then just hung it on top of the fountain and it seemed to fit perfectly!!  The table she brought from the old house, and the sconces--whoops--I am just realizing now, were from the flea market but I forgot to put them in the post.  Oh well here they are now!  So crazy but I love it.  Send my mom some love by commenting on this post in regards to her awesomeness.

Hey guys, I also linked up over hear at http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/2011/10/day-6-hanging-crooked-frames.html 
So come check it out, plus some other awesome doodads.

1 comment: