Friday, October 7, 2011

Awesome Wall of Frames



Again, disregard my lack of before pictures.  This past summer, I had been wanting to try a wall of picture frames for awhile.  I love frames.  Ok, so in July I went to this rummage sale and found a whole box of awesome frames for just like one or two dollars!! Holla!

It was a slow process but I painted them all in different acrylic paints and then decided what to do with them.  Below is a pic of their home above my bed.  I love to look at them, they make my room so much happier.  Again, sorry for the ugly pic.  You're probably not even convinced of their awesomness right now--but trust me. Awesome.










Details. I know.  So the top frame I decided needed to be a chalkboard, so I had mi ol' padre cut a piece of wood for me, which I then painted with chalkboard paint.  And for the lower frame--woot woot--stroke of genius...I got a piece of glass cut to fit again, and then painted a boarder with Krylon's looking glass paint--which I saw on theNateshow.
   
Bam!  
I know what you're thinking. Awesommmmme!


Now for the others: the beveled mirror I got for cheaps at Hobby Lobby, and as you can see I left the small one empty.  I thought a lot was going on and it worked to leave one alone (plus my dad cut the glass the wrong size).  The top one I got some glass cut again and then one day I saw an ad for a free Walgreens 8x10 picture.  That's right, for free.  So I took a pic and got it developed.  For free.  

So let's recap: Some awesome plain--and cheap--picture frames turned gorgeous with some acrylic paint, glass, mirror, wood, chalkboard paint, looking glass spraypaint, and a free picture of the Wisconsin skyline taken by mwah.  And they are all held up by thumb tacks.  If that's not cheap I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment