Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sequined Upcycled Frame


Back in August I went to a nearby flea market.  Flea Markets are God's gift to my world.  I love them. Unfortunately I went to my first ever flea market this past summer.  What kind of rock had I been hiding under?!  
Anyways, I found this lovely artwork.  The seller said that it had come from an estate sale of a woman who had bought it while traveling years ago.  It originally was priced at $70 but he never found any information on the artist, so I got it for cheaper.  The frame was actually a moldy looking gold (failed to achieve proper before pics yet again) so I taped the picture using painters tape and spray painted it Krylon's Blue Ocean Breeze.





 Interesting, but kind of gloomy looking picture.




 So why not use sequins?! 
I do love my sequins.  I applied them using my hot glue gun and then picked away all those little gluey cobwebs.







 Here is the finished product!  I really like how the look of the sequins with the picture turned out!  And if you like it as much as I do you can find it at my Etsy store for sale!

**Correction, this baby is SOLD.  But do still feel free to click on the link for fun**




Look at that pretty detailed frame.  Love it!

Also linked up at:


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frame is just lovely~ the color is wonderful too! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete