Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Urban Outfitters New York Map

Before moving into my apartment this summer, I did a lot of decor shopping and making.  I was browsing one of my favorite stores Urban Outfitters when I found this cool map of New York.  If you click on the link you too will see that it is $24.00, too much for an old map that I could find in an atlas for cheaps at some gas station.

Ok, fast forward a week or so and I'm walking through my parent's basement.  What do I see?  An old atlas!  I quick grabbed it an popped a squat to see how old it was.  It was like a match made in heaven; the copy right was 1986--allowing me to rip my page out and revel in its somewhat vintage glory, annddd it was an atlas for al major U.S cities!  Total match in heaven am I right?!  I cut my sweet New York City map out of there so quick my mom questioned my sanity.  Ok, exaggeration, my mom was really questioning what the heck I was going to do with a road map from 1986.  But friends, there was no stopping me.

So I took some lovely ModPodge (which I bought at Hobby Lobby) and coated it up.  Easiest. Project. Ever.  And here she hangs like quite the beauty, and a quick resource for when I want to know how to get around New York.  I'm even thinking of doing the same for some other big cities found in that atlas...oh the possibilites.




Here is a good picture of the glossy finish of the ModPodge.  When you buy ModPodge there is two types of finishes that you can purchase.  This is the glossy finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment