Monday, February 20, 2012

Inspired.


Pictured Above: New York Public Library



Recently I have seen some posts related to this thing called Instagram.  Now, before you laugh in contempt at my inability to know what’s going on I have two excuses:  one, being that I don’t have tons of friends who talk about this kind of stuff.  And two, I just started getting into blogs and such less than a year ago, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Anyways, this past summer I had a vintage camera/Lomography kick.  Not much came out of it, I ogled at the washed out, high saturation photos, bought a Holga 135 on eBay, took pictures, got them developed, and found out my camera didn’t work.

Out of mere disappointment and frustration I moved onto a new phase of obsessions.  But I still have a heart for those-of-a-different-time-looking photos.  That is why when I started seeing these posts at pugly pixel I wondered what this Instagram thing was all about.  From the looks of it, I deduced that it was an iPhone app…or a special camera…or a website. 

Well two out of three isn’t so bad.   I finally downloaded the app one day while going to the bathroom (cause that’s how I do) and have since been in love.  I haven’t realized all of what Instagram has to offer yet, so I am no expert.  But from what I can tell its like twitter and pinterest…or maybe twitter and flickr mixed with Photoshop.

I used the app to create that awesome feel of vintage photography with the easy transformations it had pre-made.  I have yet to check out the site, but I’m guessing it will be equally thrilling.

Until then, I will continue to let this little guy inspire me.  Here are past and present photos I played with.

Here is a *real* photo of cup of coffee I received at a local coffee shop that is obviously awesome!





New York view from the Kohl's design headquarters.



Hilarious!  Lovely pizza shop in brooklyn called Minnies that sells mac and cheese pizza!  The crazy thing being that Madison also sells mac and cheese pizza and apparently the owners know eachother.  Always a small world after all.


The most beautiful (and overpriced) bag! Spotted at the wonderful Anthropologie in Rockefeller square.


A beautiful building that I admire everytime I am in downtown Janesville.



And lastly, a sweet Valentine note to my school, with love.

2 comments:

  1. Love the image of the library and the kohls headquarters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your comment Hena! I'm glad you like the photos, I think they're pretty cool too ;)

    ReplyDelete