Monday, February 13, 2012

Inspired.





What a beautiful weekend I had!  It was full of inspiring things and people.  Yesterday I was most fortunate to have a Pinterest party with two of my wonderful lady friends.  Basically we made Valentine’s Day cards and anything else we’d been pinning lately.  Amazing idea since I pin so much but fail to always do what I pin.  It was so fun in fact that I believe we will do it again.



Anyhow, I have had these bracelets on my Pinterest to-do list for like years, although that is not possible because I’ve only had Pinterest since the fall.  But you get the idea.  The process was a lot more difficult than I anticipated but with a few crucial tips it got easier. 



(1) Tape your braid to the floor
(2) String the nuts on first so you can quickly guide them up when braiding
(3) For each nut, hold it in place real tight while you guide up the next nut and braid it
(4) It also help to have long strings so the nuts don't slide off



All in all it was a tough feat, but you’ll get the hang of it.  Then you’ll be crankin’ out those suckers in no time.  You may notice that I used my most inspiring color palette of late: neon and pastel.  I had to add in some inspiration pics for these colors cause I’m so obsessed.

Christian Siriano Spring 2012




Also, this week has been a great week in that God has been teaching me, showing me, and helping me to grow in great ways.  I had Bible study last night with the most beautiful ladies and had to share some pre-Valentine’s day love with ‘em all.  I also was itching at the chance to use my metal letter stamp kit that I got for Christmas from by brother.  I saw this idea here at Camille styles and changed it up a bit to remind the ladies about the love they may or may not have found quite yet.



I found this verse a couple of months ago (referred from a wonderful girlfriend) and absolutely loved it.  It’s Song of Songs 2:7.

Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field:  Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.

So just a little reminder to all the lovely people out there who don’t necessarily have a significant other for tomorrow, enjoy the wait, and don’t put pressure on love when it’s not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment