Monday, September 12, 2011

Rose Petal Lamp



If you haven't already noticed, you soon will.  I am terrible at taking 'before' pictures.  I get so excited about my projects that I tackle them without the forethought of recording them in their "ugly" stage.  So picture this cute lamp sort of gold, like a purposely aged gold.  It wasn't terrible, but not my taste.  So I painted it with glue-yes, glue.  Here is an awesome little tidbit: if you paint your wood piece using elmer's plain glue and then paint over it, your surface will crack a bit, giving it an antiqued look.  **Notice, this lamp isn't wood, so apparently this technique can be use on other surfaces, but you might just want to test it out yourself.

I painted over it with FolkArt acrylic paint 2581 Patina.





Then came my brilliant idea!  I saw this cute lampshade at pottery barn kids for like a hundred dollars. Um no.
So instead, I looked for my own fake roses, but then I saw a box of fake petals on clearance at target and bought those instead.

I hot glued them onto a lampshade I also found at target for $7.



The whole thing ended up pretty cute.  My only stipulation is that when the light is on you can see those little glue spots, but for just a fraction of the pbkids price I am willing to negotiate.

And look at that cute plant table I found at a rummage sale for $1!


A perfect bedside table to read by at night...





No comments:

Post a Comment