Thursday, December 29, 2011

Milk Cap Art

I have been meaning to use my large stash of vintage milk caps for some time now.  My father works in the Dairy business--total Wisconsin stereotype, but true.  The company he manages is over one hundred years old, so there is some cool stuff that I've come across.  Hopefully more awesome projects will be on their way.

But for now, I have to post about the art I made using these caps.  Do you ever start something with an idea and end up with something completely different?  Yeah, that was the case here.  It frustrated me at first because I am an avid planner at heart, but the finished product is very satisfying so I got over it.

I bought a lovely frame at potterybarn and then framed twelve small sized caps.  Most of what I have is actually bigger.  






It's so beautiful isn't it?  Well, unfortunately I couldn't really afford this project for myself to keep, and I also want to test out the market.  I have lots more caps and after I make some art for the fam I would like to sell some too.  So check out the Etsy listing if you want to purchase this piece or message me on Etsy if you want something similar in a different size/color/arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment