Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Long Awaited Creative Enlightenment

I've been feeling sort of dry in the area of design lately.  Minus my glitter fish, academic responsibility has indeed taken precedence over my lovely creative endeavors.  This summer zoomed by with inspiration after inspiration.  I'm not gonna lie, the first couple of weeks at school I was ready to throw in the towel and move to new york, work as a waitress or something, and just go to flea markets in my spare time.  Which if you know me, is opposite of my very rational self.

Truth is, if I wasn't so rational, I probably would have.  And I still dream about it a bit, but no worries; this kid has got to stay in school.

Put my horribly long story to the side and I had a truly creative moment reminiscent of my "golden months" yesterday.

I was doing my daily blog surfing, and came upon an awesome post on Design*Sponge about "Breakfast at Tiffany's," a movie I just finally bought and saw.  I scrolled down to view the purchaseable modern-day various products identical to that of this classic movie.  And what did I see?

A clawfoot/bathtub/couch!

Look at what Audrey is sitting on.  LOVE.


Call me crazy, call it stupid; heck, call it whatever you want, but I was in love.
I thought, hey, I've seen clawfoot tubs at flea markets and on craigslist and I want to make one too! (with the help of some men--or women--that can cut cast iron)  I love clawfoot tubs and who doesn't love couches? The marriage of the two seemed perfect!

Ok, so now that I've had my creative enlightenment, there is no stopping me.  But, for the record, I have zero time.  Zero.  So I'm tucking this one away for now until I can retrieve it and bring this beaut to life.

Don't be mean.  But do comment and tell me if you share my creative feelings to this rather quirky but hard to tackle project.

And if you have lots of money unlike me, you can buy one of these suckers! Go you!  Found at this etsy shop.



P.S. I'm linking up over at frenchcountrycottage and at the picket fence

No comments:

Post a Comment