Monday, March 18, 2013

My Apartment


I am constantly posting about other environments that inspire me.  Somehow though, it has been awhile since I have posted about the space that should inspire me the most; the one that I live in!  I am only in college, and therefore my budget is not much, hence my style is made up of freebies, handmades, and cheap finds.

My bedspread is from Ikea, as is the white pillow.  Those striped pillows (my favorite!) are from TJmaxx, but I recovered them in some striped cotton fabric I found at a rummage sale this past summer.  Such a great find!!!  That purple blanket was once a dingy white, I washed and dyed it after getting it for like $2 at a rummage sale, I then bleach-painted crosses all over it to sort of mimic one of my favorite designs.

You may remember my map and lamp from other posts, while the other posters are drawn, letter pressed, or painted.  Believe it or not, that cross flag was apart of a large linen shirt that I cut up.  I also get free posters whenever I purchase Frankie magazine, it’s so awesome, this intricately designed one on my wall is just one of them.

Here is just a small corner of my room, the other parts aren’t as lovely (my room is pretty small and cramped) but I hope this suffices for now!







No comments:

Post a Comment